Thursday, December 16, 2010

Carpe Diem

      Recent questions from nomadsally blog readers:

                                              1.  How do I plan my journeys?
                                              2.  What resources do I use?

1.  Of course, my first step in the planning process is deciding the destination and the goals of the trip.
Then, I go online to Amazon and order the Lonely Planet guide for the country or region (Lonely Planet Laos).  Studying the guidebook, I decide a loose itinerary for the journey and keep refining it as the days pass.
2.  Sometimes I need additional information, especially in regions that are experiencing rapid changes (Laos, for example).  Trip Advisor was particularly helpful in recommending guest houses.  I paid special attention to the most recent travelers' comments on accommodations.
3.  Also, for in depth information of a region, I consult books of my specific interests such as Peoples of the Golden Triangle by Paul and Elaine Lewis.            

No comments:

Post a Comment